[GNUz] Software Freedom Day - Sat 21 Sept

Don Robertson don at robertson.net.nz
Thu Sep 12 07:02:18 BST 2013

Put together a poster for the event. Bit rough but time is another one
of those annoying 'limited resources' we keep hearing about. Honestly -
we can put a man on the moon, but ...\

Anyway - a copy is available at http://www.robertson.net.nz/sfd.
Comments welcome. I'd like to finalise it tomorrow.

If anybody has anything vaguely FOSS they'd like to get mentioned, let
me know. We might just be able to squeeze you in.

I will be taking my MythTV and Silicon Dust HD Homerun (from the nice
people at nicegear) to show off.

Also planning to do a quick run through of various software things - inc
Moodle, Mahara, Koha ... just to show some of the stuff available. I
happen to like web based stuff like this - round cube, Feng office etc.

If anyone wants to show off some stuff (Catalyst? Nice Gear?) they would
be most welcome. Note - there is some blank space at the bottom of the
poster.

BTW - color copying would be good too - and sticking posters in local
libraries, community notice boards, varsity ....

And apologies for the short time frame. I went to the meeting last night
... well, won't make that mistake again.

Cheers,
Don

--
Don Robertson