[GNUz] Software Freedom Day - Sat 21 Sept

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Thu Sep 12 00:46:28 BST 2013

Greetings GNU/Linux users,

Software Freedom Day - Saturday 21 September 2013

10am to 4pm at South Christchurch Learning Centre,
http://www.library.christchurch.org.nz/South/

A global celebration and promotion of Free and Open-Source Software
(FOSS), inaugurated in 2004.

Ten days out, it was decided last night to proceed with a Software
Freedom Day event in Christchurch again this year - ten years since we
were the first New Zealand team to do so. As then, this year our city
stands alone now with an SFD event registered, although there has been
lots of North Island participation in between.

The GNUz monthly workshops have maintained an organisational shell, of
meeting bookings in a quality library facility, that the local FOSS
community can populate as it wishes.

So that's an invite to bring all your ideas, energy and enthusiasm
along on 21 Sept, plus any hardware you'd like to demonstrate with.
Overhead projector onsite + wireless internet, a suite of
cd/dvd-bootable i5's (working on thumbdrive-booting), kitchen and
toilets.

Team page:
http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2013/NewZealand/Christchurch/SFD

Draft poster/flier content - amend & circulate as you see fit -
http://www.infohelp.co.nz/sfd13.html

Advertising help needed.

Discussion and planning is directed to this mail list please, so not to
affect the CLUG list: http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/gnuz

We trust that you will enjoy Software Freedom Day too.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Rik