[GNUz] Interesting job opportunity

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Thu Apr 12 11:58:15 BST 2012

Applications close tomorrow:

GeoNet Systems Administrator

GeoNet is the destination on the web New Zealanders go to get the latest
on the country's natural hazards such as earthquakes and volcanic
activity. We operate our own international CDN and when there are widely
felt earthquakes we regularly see web traffic over 10,000 requests per
second.

We're a small, highly skilled and international development team,
working primarily with Open Source Software with plenty of exciting
projects in the pipeline that will push the GeoNet website further in
delivering the sorts of information that New Zealanders want - and
faster! This is a unique chance to be involved in changing and improving
an already successful system.

We are seeking an experienced linux systems administrator to maintain
and develop the core systems used by GeoNet.

You will have;

    * Proven linux experience with RHCE an advantage.
    * In depth knowledge of Apache Httpd and Tomcat. Knowledge of
      Varnish an advantage.
    * Experience with a range of open source software packages (e.g.,
      Puppet, RT, BB, Nagios, MediaWiki, Gallery) and the ability to
      extend and customise them to suit our operations.

As well as having the technical skills we need, you'll also need to work
on your own initiative as well as take instruction from a range of
staff. It should also go without saying a sense of humour should help
you stand out from the crowd.

https://vacancies.gns.cri.nz/jobdetails?ajid=mjTh7

Good luck

--