[GNUz] [Linux-users] Software Freedom Day invite 17 Sept

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Mon Sep 19 02:36:47 BST 2011

On 19/09/11 13:02, Adrian Mageanu wrote:
> Rik, well done!
>
> I only spent 1h there and was worth it. I had the opportunity to have
> some interesting conversations with Ryan and Dave about development
> frameworks and FOSS in general, and I also learnt a couple of new
> things.
>
> For example from Dave I found about puppet ( http://puppetlabs.com/ )
> and what it can do - too bad it doesn't have a graphical or web
> interface...:) - and from John about Terminator - very helpful to bring
> some order on my desktop.
>
> All in all, it felt almost like the old days when CLUG was getting
> together in St. Albans and ideas and knowledge were exchanged at the
> maximum rate you could absorb it. What was missing was the numbers.
>
> Rik, thanks for making this possible. Keep it up.
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for attending SFD11, and for this excellent feedback - very much!

There were a number of signs that SFD Christchurch - perhaps like our
city - is recovering from the dramatic low of September 2010. SFD11's
conversations encouraged us to start building upon this moderate
success, with more determined promotion of "GNUz" and Free Software in
general. So we welcome Adrian's prompt for setting this direction today.

A. It would be good to see a check-in reply from every subscriber on
this list now please, about formalising and revitalising this list to
"GNUz Free Software Christchurch" - or any other suggestions for our
group name that you have.

B. We have a good list of new invitees now who can be written to, once
we have ascertained the current position of this GNUz list.

Thanks and regards

Rik

pp SFD Team Christchurch

http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2011/NewZealand/Christchurch/SouthLibrary