[GNUz] Fwd: Re: [Linux-users] Meeting 31 August + SFD

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Mon Aug 30 23:39:41 BST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Linux-users] Meeting 31 August + SFD
Date: 	Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:26:37 +1200
From: 	Rik Tindall <ask at infohelp.co.nz>
To: 	Canterbury Linux Users Group <linux-users at lists.canterbury.ac.nz>

>>>  Hi all, monthly notice:
>>>
>>>  Next Tuesday 7.30pm is the monthly meet at the South Learning Centre
>>>  <http://www.library.christchurch.org.nz/South/>, (rear door) South
>>>  Christchurch Library, 66 Colombo Street, Beckenham (N.B. not on
>>>  Wednesday this time).
>>>
>>>  This is a social/professional gathering where people can use *nix
>>>  liveCDs in a quality public computer suite to share and learn from free
>>>  and open-source software.
>>>
>>>  On Sunday 19 September this is the venue for a Software Freedom Day
>>>  <http://www.softwarefreedomday.org>   event in Christchurch, 10am-4pm.
>>>
>>>  All are welcome to attend, and to make use of these opportunities for
>>>  getting the open/ free*nix word out to the licensed general public.

100 x Ubuntu 10.04 CDs are here. We have the South Library
computer suite booked from 10am to 4pm on Sunday 19 September,
to show the CDs running and give them out. Bring other distros, demo
systems (esp games) costume or any stunt you like to gain attention for
the activity day. It's up to you what  you want to make of the occasion.
But there are no balloons, T-shirts or paper materials sent to us this year.

Come along to South Library @ 7.30-9.30pm tonight to help with the
planning. There will be newspaper ads, and a flier to disistribute.

http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2010/Oceania/New%20Zealand/Christchurch/SFD%20Team%20Christchurch

Poster / details: http://www.infohelp.co.nz/sfd10.html

Also, it is possible that on Saturday 18 September there will be some
promotional activity for Software Freedom Day in the central city.
Confirmation available in the week before SFD, or on:

http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2010/Oceania/New%20Zealand/Christchurch/lucidsystems
http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2010/Oceania/New%20Zealand/Christchurch

See you soon.

Kind regards,

Rik Tindall

pp Software Freedom Day Team Christchurch

--
+64 03-332-1069 or 027-406-0077