[GNUz] RMS tour info

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Fri Aug 8 13:59:03 BST 2008

Richard M. Stallman wrote:
> "Free software and beyond" could be the title.
>
>     Richard Stallman will speak about the goals and philosophy of the
>     Free Software Movement, and the status and history of the GNU
>     operating system, which in combination with the kernel Linux is
>     now used by tens of millions of users world-wide, and how the
>     ideas of free software extend, entirely or partly, to some kinds
>     of other published works.

Thanks Richard, for this precise abstract.

Am replying CC to GLU GNUz list, for the Free Culture Club folk to
consider. Next week's Uni publication ads may already be in place
though. So I guess it must be their call now.

In the introduction that Free Culture asked me to do, it's a good chance
to briefly locate GNU in the history of (Not) Unix and more general
freedom, to assist any newcomers we'll have there - a little context and
antipodean perspective. That explains the title initially put up, should
we have to run with it.

Cheers, Rik