[GNUz] [Fwd: Re: RMS to visit NZ]

Tim trmusson at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 23 11:39:15 BST 2008

Tim wrote:
> Rik Tindall wrote:
> > Any response on Cosc lecture space, day or night?

> Rik, I'm sorry a venue at Uni is still up in the air (completely my
> fault - I've let myself get too busy). I'm going to get a definite
> answer to you by or on Friday.

I must add that I'm not sure a talk by RMS at Uni is worthwhile,
although I'd really love it to happen. I just don't see the Free Culture
Club being able[1] to attract a reasonably sized audience. It would be
safer, I think, for us to put our effort into promoting RMS's talk(s) in
general. I'm going to suggest that on the FCC committee list and see
what people think.

[1] Given both the current headless state of our club, and little
awareness/interest about Free and Open Source Software amongst
students/staff.

Anyway, I still intend to have a definite answer about a room by Friday.

--
Timothy Musson                         FSF Associate Member
http://www.russianclub.wikidot.com/    http://www.fsf.org/