[GNUz] [RMS to visit NZ] Great Hall Sponsorship Application

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Mon Jul 21 10:13:18 BST 2008

Rik Tindall wrote:
> Don's letter:
>
> Edits I'd recommend  (some Tim/RMS's) please feed back any necessary
> changes.

I'll go with it! :)

> Referee: Christoph ______, St Albans Community Resource Centre manager.
> [I will talk to Christoph about this tomorrow, but we know he's very
> supportive of FOSS and probably happy about doing this].

Good plan.

> Viz last post Don, I reckon you can just about give the Great Hall
> Sponsorship Application a go now. - Unless there's any different views
> posted before you can hit Print tomorrow and head on down there.

I wasn't going to head down there.  I was going to ring the guy and have
a chat to him.  But I'm happy to do it.  I've already talked to the
event co person - Linda.

> Thanks for picking up the ball. Great try!

You're welcome.  You can just invite me to one of those dinners in return ;)

> Whatever printing we might
> need you to do, will of course be paid for Don.

Ba!  I'm happy to sponsor a number of b/w A3 posters as long as someone
else will collect [1] them and put them up.

I'm not going to design them.  Someone else needs to do that and I need
them in a PDF format at least 300dpi.  (I use stacks of GPL software on
my computer systems but I make no secret of the fact that I don't use it
for design - though Caleb did a fantastic job on a paid project recently
with InkScape!)

> Can we nominate Sue and Warwick as event treasurers please?

Seconded.  (BTW, Who's Warwick? (Sorry if we've met and I've forgotten
who you are :))

Cheer Don

[1] Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave, Mairehau, Christchurch, NZ
Ph +64 3 348 7235 or + 64 21 114 0699
www.thinkdesignprint.co.nz