[GNUz] [Fwd: Re: RMS to visit NZ]

Timothy Musson trmusson at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jul 14 06:08:31 BST 2008

Rik Tindall, 2008-07-14 13:33:24:
> Ok folks, please circulate amongst friends & contacts, in all South
> Island parts, that RMS will be flown direct to Christchurch on
> Saturday or Sunday, 16 or 17 August; and he'll probably fly out of NZ,
> from Christchurch, on Wednesday 20 August. We'll organise an evening
> meal out and a public talk or two - hopefully including UniCanty - at
> the least.  Expressions of interest, for more events / locales, most
> welcome.

I'm not sure if you guys know, but there's a Free Culture Club at the
University of Canterbury now. (I was a little bit involved with getting
it started earlier this year, but I haven't been very active due to
other commitments.)

Here's the homepage and mailing list:

  http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/freeculture/

I'm sure the Free Culture Club would love to be involved with any RMS
talk at Uni.

By the way, I can offer a spare bedroom, peace, quiet, food, and
Internet access, if those arrangements haven't already been decided.
I don't drive though, so I can't be much use with transport :^/

Tim
--
Timothy Musson                         FSF Associate Member
http://www.russianclub.wikidot.com/    http://www.fsf.org/