[GNUz] [Fwd: Re: RMS to visit NZ]

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Mon Jul 14 06:01:49 BST 2008

Thanks Jim,

Jim Cheetham wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Rik Tindall <ask at infohelp.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> Will write a summary of plans - perhaps 1 meeting (/meal) per day while
>> RMS is here - with an invite, to RMS, and CC it here, asap.
>>

> Read his requirements carefully; a "meal with 4 or more people" is
> considered (probably correctly) to be as much effort as "a meeting".

Sure: "..summary of plans - perhaps 1 meeting per day [including any
group meal, of 4+] while

RMS is here". The rest would be r&r / time at RMS's discretion.

> Basically, get him to the agreed meetings, provide the basics of
> existance (food, shelter) ("basic" is acceptable, more is nice, but
> basic+"more $$$" is even better), let him hack over ssh from his
> laptop. Anything extra is fine, whether it happens or not.

Just gotta sort out the home broadband soon then!

Also, whose responsibility will the RMS flight ex-NZ become.
Are we prepared to fund-raise that, if necessary?

Cheers, Rik