[GNUz] extra learning

Sue McGaw gnuz@inode.co.nz
Fri, 04 May 2007 14:01:50 +1200

 Hi i come to GNuz meetings as an end-user, as this is the field of
computing i often work in.
I found talks on BSd, other distros, peoples challenges, fixes, simple
and complicated commands and the whole range of learning good,
 often what I take away is the logic, or the progression of thought, and
then apply that same to a challenge i have,
 in this case, 150 lost files  Just one of these files to re-enter data
would take at least 80 person man hours.
 now i didnt find it under locate, but i did apply the principle and
logics, and also from watching the big screen, shared work and instruction,
i deducted that some parts of files may not always be together, but are
separated, and hence ive found them.

At gnuz class, i see commands typed, sometimes they work, sometimes,
not, but the particular going back and doing another route, always
brings a benefit in the end, plus go online and look up your possible
answer,or how others have solved it, is also beneficial.
so its good to get these skills from the meetings.see share talk and do
 cheers Sue