[GNUz] Re/port: Free Software class 18/4/7

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 00:03:38 +1200

> ..last Wednesday at the South Christchurch Library,
>
> www.SoftwareFreedomDay.org team training..

went very well. Seven attended, a brand-newbie declaring "it's just like
Windows!" (for functionality). One laptop's been along to our course
several times now, with config/dialup etc issues initially, now GIMP
help, packages, and firewall resolved; 100% migration is the users'
nearing goal. But the most fun was in having recruited our youngest ever
LUG member, with a five-year old actively demonstrating all the kewl
games packages her Dad had found for Ubuntu. So next month we'll prepare
to run a row of those setups for SFD, as a lot of younguns accompanied
parents and grandparents to our liveCD demo suite last year - quite
unprepared for; should we be thinking of a GNU CUBLUG project long term?
:) Lastly, we put in a club order for Ubuntu 7.04 CDs, which will be
here in about six weeks. Thanks to all helpers.

Till next time,
Cheers, Rik