[GNUz] right to read

Sue McGaw gnuz@inode.co.nz
Fri, 06 Apr 2007 21:54:39 +1200

--------------040006040101010602050609

 sent 31.03.07.resent Friday04.07

Thanks Tim interesting read..

I think we're here as custodians on this earth,so in all things we
should look to making something better for the future. even little
corners such as ours
so this includes physical betterment and mental benefit.
we may not get it right first time, but as long as we keep moving
forward with good intent we're on the way.
And sometimes like these discussions its about airing points of view so
we can learn different things, and perhaps extend ourselves, see the
bigger picture, such as global restrictions, and then try and do
something about it.
I feel more informed a s a result of last several weeks to and fro,
so thanks for all the various links, im sure I and other " silent"
readers go there and think about what we read

Cheers Sue

> We depend on computers more and more all the time. So think about the
> future.  Do you want your great great grandchildren stuck in a world
> that seems to work by magic, because ordinary people are legally
> forbidden from understanding the technology they depend on? That's the
> kind of world we'll dump on them, if we worry more about immediate
> gratification than ethics and politics.
>
> There's a very cheesy short story here, which explains it pretty well:
>   http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html

--------------040006040101010602050609

<head>
</head>
&nbsp;sent 31.03.07.resent Friday04.07<br>
<small><big>Thanks Tim interesting read..
I think we're here as custodians on this earth,so in all things we
should look to making something better for the future. even little
corners such as ours
so this includes physical betterment and mental benefit.
we may not get it right first time, but as long as we keep moving
forward with good intent we're on the way.
And sometimes like these discussions its about airing points of view so
we can learn different things, and perhaps extend ourselves, see the
bigger picture, such as global restrictions, and then try and do
something about it.
I feel more informed a s a result of last several weeks to and fro,
so thanks for all the various links, im sure I and other " silent"
readers go there and think about what we read
</big><br>
</small>
Cheers Sue
time. So think about the
future.&nbsp; Do you want your great great grandchildren stuck in a world
that seems to work by magic, because ordinary people are legally
forbidden from understanding the technology they depend on? That's the
kind of world we'll dump on them, if we worry more about immediate
gratification than ethics and politics.
There's a very cheesy short story here, which explains it pretty well:
&nbsp; <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html">http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html</a>

--------------040006040101010602050609--