[GNUz] Lost in the battle

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Thu, 05 Apr 2007 17:40:58 +1200

Timothy Musson wrote:
> fill wrote:
>
>> As an end user of a linux distro and subscriber to this list, I have
>> to admit to being completely lost amongst its recent content and
>> becoming increasingly disinterested in opening it.

We have this list to maintain a Free speech option, so that any tension
from its absence doesn't spill over into our practical workshops - a
pretty strict and effective rule of separation.

i.e. it's in _all_ User interests, actually. But easily ignored.

>> When the bickering is sorted and the dust settles, i'm sure there will
>> be.. others sit at computers learning and sharing knowledge.

That is completely true, and we missed you at the library Phil. Do bring
your Xandros box along tonight, to demo for us, if you're available and
willing to do so, please.

> Hmmm! I think we're trying to figure things out, rather than bickering.
>
>> Happily apathetic to it all
>>

> That's okay :^)
>

> Tim

Thanks for all the prompts Tim. And to others for recent interesting posts.
- Will be adding another 2-4c by tomorrow :)

Cheers, Rik