[GNUz] FSANZ

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:35:14 +1200

Hmm.. thanks Roger. That was my question too.

Roger Searle wrote:
> ianal...  however i believe that the question ought to also be asked
> from a different perspective, if you are wanting to retain tax free
> status (and therefore have to register).  what are the requirements on
> any organisation to meet the criteria, and in what ways does the
> constitution need to be added to (or modified) in order to meet the
> criteria.  and there are certain limitations on who may be an officer.
> check out the charities commission site:
>
> http://www.charities.govt.nz/

It's all very specific, and so much work that no-one would ever want, or
be able, to go there alone.

> Rik Tindall wrote:
>> To follow up this level of interest..
>>
>> Nick Rout wrote:

We can only assume that Nick has referred to aspiring to be part of a
regional Free Software federation - prior to a regional FSF
representative capability - as being outside NZ charity rules. (?)

>>> I think so these days.
>> Have now opened "Constitution of FSANZ" section for comment/editing.
>>
>> http://www.infohelp.co.nz/fsanz-constitution.html
>>
>> Application of the requisite fine-toothed comb is most appreciated :)

In the absence of sufficient volunteering of setup help, it seems, there
will be little choice but to postpone FSANZ incorporation indefinitely.

Cheers for all the input though,
--
Rik