[GNUz] FSANZ

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:06:07 +1200

Nick Rout wrote:
> Rik Tindall wrote:
>> Jim Cheetham wrote:
>>>
>>> Not too sure about that last point ...
>>> "The club shall promote establishment of a Free Software
>>> Oceania-Australasia (FSOA) federation."

>>> Why not walk before running? *If* other Free Software groups come into
>>> existance in the region, and *if* they wish to federate, what if they
>>> don't like your proposed name?

Ok. Have reworded to "anticipates establishment.." to confirm that this
involves no actual work or even a commitment yet. Just an indication of
direction. i.e. FSF Europe / Latin America / India are of a significant
scale - FSF thus organises by region.

http://www.infohelp.co.nz/fsanz-constitution.html

>> And until enough people vote on it, willing to fill out the FSANZ
>> administrative roles, I don't think we can claim it as a finished
>> "Constitution". That's why I'm using the 'FSANZ Charter' term, while
>> we wait..
>>
>> Once this stage is complete, we should ask (NZOSS?) that notice be
>> forwarded through to each B/G/LUG, inviting national participation in
>> finishing and fulfilling the FSANZ Constitution.
>>
> Clearly you aren't interested in tax free status then...

I can be persuaded, by those wanting to committee a finished
Constitution. It's a matter of who and when, rather than if or whether.

Cheers
--
Rik