[GNUz] How does GLU/GNUz differ from CLUG?

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 15:48:29 +1200

Jim Cheetham wrote re:

>> ..let us know how you'd like the FSANZ charter further modified..
>
> "The club shall advocate for, and facilitate programming contributions
> to, the FSF GNU Project."
>
> That phrasing specifically discounts non-programmatical contributions,
> like providing translations, documentation, artwork, etc. All of which
> are essential *technical* contributions as opposed to simple advocacy.

Yes, that's why I'd left "programming" out of it in the first place. But
then came concerns that we were implying our way into the FSF financial
stream.

So we need a full & specific list, rather than the simpler "facilitate
contributions"? This original phrase infers hands-off way-easing, to me.
But second opinions welcome.

Cheers
--
Rik