[GNUz] How does GLU/GNUz differ from CLUG?

Timothy Musson gnuz@inode.co.nz
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:19:15 +1200

Rik Tindall wrote:
> http://www.infohelp.co.nz/fsanz-constitution.html

Hi! :^)

I have a couple of questions/concerns about the "Objects" section.

  "The club shall maintain and encourage affiliation to the Free
   Software Foundation (FSF), of Boston, USA."

We aren't affiliated, and I'm not sure we should be. I think we're too
small a group, with too little understanding of the FSF and Free
Software philosophy, to be anything official.
Maybe in the future... :^)

  "The club shall facilitate contribution to the FSF GNU Project"

What kind of contribution? Why the GNU Project in particular?

If you mean financial contribution, it doesn't need much facilitation:
you can buy gear from the FSF online, join their associate membership
program, or make a plain donation.

  "The club shall aid united development of the Free and Open-Source
   Software movements, internationally."

I don't particularly want to aid the development of the Open Source
movement. ;^)

Tim
--
trmusson@ihug.co.nz