[GNUz] A community of opinions

Don Gould gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:27:06 +1200

Pia Waugh wrote:
> Erk, we don't have any left over, as it was we scimped by last year, however
> we'll be getting more for this year.

I was looking for the 'retro' look.  Having something that says 2003 on
it shows that SFD has been around.

>> Next week I'll be starting to decorate the room.  Posters are easy, but
>> shirts on the walls would be a talking point.

> I still owe you some CDs <cringe!> so I'll see what I can rustle up for you.
> I might be able to find a couple.

Don't worry about it.  HLUG sent me 100 cd's late last year.  Those will
make great decoration.

A bunch of us have been setting up a FOSS node concept.  Rather than
having to pay for internet bandwidth you'll be able to download your
files from a local community node.

see:  http://www.bowenvale.pointclark.net/bigfiles/

This is the public front end on my server.  The concept allows for the
other nodes to present their own front end but query each other server
to find out what files are located on them.  It's still very much in the
development stage but some quite fun things.

> Good luck with it!

Thanks.

--
Don Gould