[GNUz] Ubuntu workshops

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:23:05 +1300

Hi all, and thanks for all the help this year on starting the
popularisation of free *nix (- support, support, support).

We can claim growing success, in that last night we had one Xubuntu and
six Ubuntu users coming back for more. People are noticing that there is
consistency available within the world of unfiltered choice, and that
GNU/Linux learning and adoption result. Our helpers are learning too :-)

Numbers may be moderate, but better attention to detail is the result.

Welcome to our new subscribers. Any questions? - Ask away!

See you at our final workshop for 2006, perhaps - Weds December 6th @
Sydenham Community Centre, 7.30pm.

Our first meeting for 2007 is Weds February 21st - back at South
Christchurch Library, 7.30pm - the GLU AGM. Bring any ideas or changes
you'd like to table there. Otherwise, it's 'Linux-learning, business as
usual'.

Kind regards, and happy shopping,