[GNUz] FSF announces release of gNewSense 1.0

Nick Rout gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sun, 5 Nov 2006 22:51:29 +1300

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 00:23:46 +1300
Timothy Musson <trmusson@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> Pia Waugh wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > <quote who="Timothy Musson">
> >
> > >  The goal of gNewSense is to provide users with a software package that
> > >  offers the stability of Ubuntu with the addition of freedom."
> >
> > Sorry, I can't resist:
> >
> > apt-get install freedom ? ;)
>
> I wish! :)
>
> pratfall$ vrms
> No non-free packages installed on pratfall!  rms would be proud.
>
> Unfortunately, vrms doesn't pester me about self-inflicted addictions
> like wine + unreal...

a good number of things in my house depend on binary firmwares: atheros
wireless card, Hauppauge hardware mpeg Tv encoder, USB midi port to
name a few. Admirable though this distro is, I can't see it being that
practical for someone who has that sort of need.