[GNUz] Press Release: Software Freedom Day, Christchurch team

Timothy Musson gnuz@inode.co.nz
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:47:59 +1200

Sue McGaw wrote:
> Rik Tindall wrote:
> >"Celebrate software freedom", SFD team invites computer users.  Local
> >technologists hold Free Software education day.  Press Release:
> >Software Freedom Day, Team Christchurch.

> posters are going round the town. in my NW = schools, IT depts plus
> staffrooms .local community notice boards, New world, woolworths
> various worker notice boards round and about, plus Lincoln.

I finished putting up posters around university today. Not a bad reason
to explore the bits of uni I'd never been to before. The highlight was
discovering three computer labs running GNU/Linux :)

I had a chat with someone at IT Services, too. She said they use Ubuntu
live CDs to rescue data from dead Windows boxes.

And we got an ad in today's Canta :)

BTW, Rik: I'm going to try to be at the library at 12 on Saturday, but I
might be a little late. (I have an appointment elsewhere at 10am for an
hour or two.)

Tim
--
Timothy Musson