[GNUz] SFD posters

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 00:02:13 +1200

Hey Sue,

That's great news, thanks. Yes, it's time to get the SFD-Chch ball
rolling again - will start on the ads etc tomorrow.

CC to Gordon - should we order you a T-shirt mate?

Anyone else?

Meantime, draft poster content is here:
http://www.infohelp.co.nz/sfd3

- print & post at will! :)

Sue McGaw wrote:

>>  Hi
>
> im ready and happy to deliver posters over the next 4 weeks,
> as i go about chch and environs.
> im not sure what the advertising budget for the posters is. would $50
> help towards them ?
> i can contribute that to  what im expecting to be a successfull day.
> also can I please order one more tshirt mens L

will do - asap

> thank you
> Sue

More cool news: I did the venue test today, and it went brilliantly - a
31-PC suite of P4-2.66GHzs w/512MB RAM, which booted Ubuntu-liveCD to a
highly presentable state with only the proxy to set in Firefox to put
our clients online. Fantastic! Good projector too, plus webcams, no hire
fee. We're in a high-traffic new library, with an inhouse cafe and free
parking outside. We're probably about to have our best SFD yet, with all
thanks to previous host. I had been worried, until now :)

cheers!
--
Rik