[GNUz] SFD update

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:33:49 +1200

Hi folks,

With less than 5 weeks to go until http://www.SoftwareFreedomDay.org 3,
Saturday 16 Sept, we're settling on the venue. The options are:

a) St Albans Resource Centre (as per CLUG meetings) 12pm-5pm, where we
would run liveCDs in the tuition suite and bring in demo boxes to speak
from, with data projection available, cost $50;

or

b) South Learning Centre http://learningcentre.christchurch.org.nz at
the South Christchurch Library, 66 Colombo Street, Beckenham
http://www.library.christchurch.org.nz/South/ where there's a flash
labful of MS boxes for liveCDs and a better projector for doing laptop
talks from, + an extra empty demo/install-box room, 12pm-4pm, cost $0.

If you have an opinion either way that would get you interested in
participating, please declare it; either by replying here, or on the
GNUz mailing list http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/gnuz - SFD
team-Chch home list. The advertising content and budget can then be
finalised.

We are presently taking orders for team T-shirts -
http://tinyurl.com/h3kgl - and can get a discount @ $15AU each this way.

Thanks for your support of Free and Open Source Software,

pp SFD Team Christchurch

Rik