[GNUz] Re: New forum

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:44:34 +1200

Great job, thanks Robert.

Now, what kind of planning do we need for this?:

We have lost SFD's greatest asset, I reckon - its forum history - every
year so far. Is this because we keep re-skinning phpbb? What better
software/options can people please suggest?

Same for www.sfd - it changes radically every year to what purpose? Can
we get a default framework together so that just a few jpegs with
logo-dates are all that needs updating each new year? A picture of
stability, continuity, and all-year service is supremely important to
the saleability of FOSS.

But thanks for sorting it nonetheless!

See you on the clean new forum,

Cheers Rik

Robert Schumann wrote:

>The new forum has been set up at http://forum.sf-day.org/ - please
>visit.  I do consider this to be a beta release, so please try it out
>and encourage others to try it out before we take out our full page ad
>in the New York Times.
>
>The SFD website has been updated, so users will find the new forum if
>they click on the "Forum" tab - it's better than being directed to the
>old one!
>
>The forum is a completely fresh install, so you'll have to sign up for
>new usernames and there are currently no posts on it.  Please, go wild!
>And invite others to do so too!
>
>Robert.

Another happy Cantab,