[GNUz] [Fwd: [SFD-TC] Software Freedom Day competition!]

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:37:42 +1200

Sue McGaw wrote:

>> <Pia Waugh> Hi all,
>>
>> Software Freedom Day is proud to announce a fantastic competition to get
>> those creative juices going! With Software Freedom Day only a few months
>> away, on September 16th, we have some excellent prizes to help
>> inspire you
>> to create the best Software Freedom Day ever!
>
> Lots of categories. Let me know what I can do to help the day be
> energetic and SFD CHCH the  foremost, first and best !Sue

Great to see we have two such enthusiastic 'Linux Chix' on the list (not
my term - apologies to any feminists reading this!!). It bodes very well
for us extending the appeal of FOSS quicker over time.

Cheers Sue & Pia - please keep up the dialogue. Put us dowdy blokes in
our place :-)

What can we do to humanise Linux / *nix, and make it more useful to
women in general? Is it simply a matter of useability, or features more
specific to kids and students, for e.g.? Or more training support?

Anyhow, good to see you aboard the Chch SFD train..

..toot toot!!