[GNUz] You want to know why Au have better boradband than nz...

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:05:58 +1200

Don Gould wrote:

>> have also been reading up on 802.11n
>>
> Haven't looked at it... link?

Trawled through pages of Google finds b4 moving on. 'Not quite ready
yet' was the common theme to lots of product reviews: 'Watch this space'..

>> so then we'd be needing to find project collaborators within c1km from
>> home, and then bunny hop all around the town?
>>
> Yes
>
>> - maybe it's going to become real easy before long, for c$200 invested.
>
> That was exactly my point at the last clug meeting... if as a group of
> 40 we got off our collective arse and did something then we'd make a
> huge dent really fast now that the technology is so cheap...  you could
> count your investment as less than $100 if usb stuff.
>
> Problem is that I can't see the clug group or anyone else getting
> interested enough to do it... can you?

Not yet. We're all occupied with our own individual focii. But as we
keep wireless going as a developing meeting theme, interest is steadily
gathering. The starting point is getting a 1/2 doz committed to working
on the same thing i reckon. Have to wait & see a bit yet..

good luck, & c ya @Sydenham
--
Rik