[GNUz] You want to know why Au have better boradband than nz...

Don Gould gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:09:21 +1200

Nick Rout wrote:
> Yes but how does it relate to better broadband? I can set up a wireless
> link with a few neighbours at any time, but how do I use it to improve
> my internet access?

By doing what you said you've provided an end mile point for a provider
to deliver data to one point and have you agrigate it for them.

If this existed on any scale it would be worth the providers while to
deliver data to you.

If it was to grow in any scale then it would prompt providers to make
moves to make it less worth while to do (which is what has happened in AU).

Cheers Don