[GNUz] Voyage ppp-off

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sat, 27 May 2006 15:39:58 +1200

Nick Rout wrote:

>Bugger the kernel package I made did not include that new module,
>obviously I need to do a clean first. Trying again now. No the usb
>stick will not work as i won't have a computer, as my laptop is
>temporarly out of action. Therefore i will do the CD thing.

New kernel collected, installed, booted on laptop, thanks..
Changed daemon.log info reveals partial success, but modem still not
running yet (will post details later).
And pppconfig & wvdial still don't pick up ttyS1 either - wvdial says
"modem not responding".

One kwik Q: with new kernel MC hangs -  do I have to un/reinstall MC, or
is there a config somewhere I can modify?

Cheers,