[GNUz] Voyage setup part2: read-only

Nick Rout gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 23 May 2006 21:32:27 +1200

On Tue, 23 May 2006 17:21:51 +1200
Rik Tindall <ask@infohelp.co.nz> wrote:

> That's great - will try vi again now it's explained a bit.
>
> Steve Holdoway wrote:
> > The usual ansi/vt100 problem... backspace is ^H ( stty erase <backspace> )
> >
> > However, I *really* wouldn't try to edit files over the serial link!
>
> Thanks for all the feedback Steve and Nick.
>
> Cheers, Rik
>
> PS syslog records my dnsmasq.conf edit as an error alright.

hmmm

really does sound like you have completely screwed it up - I say that
in the nicest possible way with a smiley on my face.

Take it as a lesson and install it properly, and follow the
instructions, and make minimal changes, mainly
to /etc/network/interfaces.

After all it doesn't take long to install.