[GNUz] Voyage setup part2: read-only

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 23 May 2006 16:17:08 +1200

Nick Rout wrote:

> everything is writable after remountrw

I wonder if I've been writing to the ramdisk then? eg /root/ comes back
empty despite #remountrw. I haven't bothered #remountro at close as I
assume it won't matter.

> about the only config file that needs changing is
> /etc/network/interfaces

# Used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8). See the interfaces(5) manpage or
# /usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples for more information.
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
          address 10.1.1.5
          netmask 255.255.255.0
          broadcast 10.1.1.255
	 gateway 10.1.1.1

> and if you want to change the dnsmasq config I suggest you do it in the
> dnsmasq.more.conf file

As that file excludes any eth0 reference [ah, that might be what's
missing!], my dnsmasq.conf took this entry only:

# Add other name servers here, with domain specs if they are for
# non-public domains.
#server=/localnet/192.168.0.1

server=/10.1.1.1
#added RT 230506

Maybe just remove the '/'? ..Or the whole line?

Dale suggested recently that these ADSL modems have a mini-DNS in them.

Cheers
--
Rik