[GNUz] wireless hooray!

don gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 16 May 2006 09:31:18 +1200

WiFry is getting there...

Neil and I have been fighting with USB & UTP cable. We've ruled out the
ability to use 20 & 10 m legnths :(

Neil progressed the second mesh while I have rewired a UTP cable twice
tonight.

I'll be giving it another go with a shorter cable on Wednesday.

I also talked to Nick Route today, he's interested in doing a
presentation of another distro that is meant to be more simple to get up
and running as a wifi router.  I'm sure he'll post to list with more
details.

Dale also mailed me directly this weekend.  I suggested he standby
pending the outcome of WiFry to see how we go before deciding what gear
to get.

Cheers Don