[GNUz] April 6thhardware trail

Jim Cheetham gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 21:53:26 +1200

Hard-drive encryption is a commonly available option these days; at
prices starting from free to very very cheap. For the next machine, and
all your current machines, please deploy encryption ASAP.

Under OS X, just ask for "FileVault" -- the OS will do everything for
you.
Under Windows, I believe you can purchase PGPDrive as part of the
current commercial PGP offering, or locate a free version via
http://pgpi.com
Under Linux, the cryptoloop filesystem is reported to work well;
although I haven't deployed it myself.

-jim