[GNUz] April 6thhardware trail

John Carter gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sun, 09 Apr 2006 10:54:53 +1200 (NZST)

Tell us more. This sounds weird...

Did they take the harddrive out of the case? Was it an external drive? A
laptop?

If it was just casual thieves out for some drug money my guess is you will
find it abandoned by the side of the road when they find out it's useless
to them.

Otherwise watch for a drive of exactly that spec appearing on trademe.

If you ever recover the drive, a forensic data recovery expert can recover
the data even if the most horrible things have happened to it.