[GNUz] netcafe news

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:49:24 +1200

Hi folks,

Recent chats revealed a heap of interest in using Molten Media's lease
space to set up a *nix workshop with public internet access etc.
Prompted for an update, I made the call again today (1. tardiness
prevails in some regard there).

2. Any "Linux-based" exercise within this "community trust" would create
a direct "conflict" with their M$ work. [?!]

3. For $300 per week, any lessee can pretty much do what they like. They
are amenable if we can find (them) that level of funding.

4. A formal response to the sponsorship-based business proposal I put to
MM on 28Feb06 may be forthcoming next week. But MM _won't_ be the
sponsors. [I have yet to offer them all the revenue raised by project
services & product.]

Any suggestions (or likely funders) out there?

Cheers GNUz,

--
Rik Tindall, InfoHelp Services <http://www.infohelp.co.nz>, on:
Ubuntu GNU/Linux 5.04 free OS, 2.6.10-5-k7 kernel, GNOME 2.10.0 desktop