[GNUz] Thursday freenix workshop

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Wed, 01 Feb 2006 11:31:54 +1300

Hi folks,

Time to crank up the engine on our advocacy meeting cycle once more.

Tomorrow night, Thursday February 2nd, 7.30pm at the Sydenham Community
Association Hall, 25 Hutcheson Street, Christchurch, is the first
freenix workshop for 2006.

These workshops are a regular opportunity for users and adopters of BSD,
GNU and Linux free software, to share skills, CDs, war stories, problem
solving, etc. If you need help with setup, bring your machine along. Any
special distro requests are best notified, in reply, beforehand.

We supply tea/coffee & biscuits, and ask a minimum $2 donation to keep
us afloat. There was a small increase in hall hire fee from this month.

This is a timely moment to hear reflections on the recent linux.conf.au,
from those who attended. The GPLv3 debate underscores events this year.

Our speakers' roster is now open, for anyone wishing to develop a topic
and presentation experience before a friendly and focussed audience. All
welcome - volunteer when you are ready.

See you tomorrow, & cheers,
--
Rik Tindall, pp GNU/Linux Users <http://www.hackstop.org>