[GNUz] FreeNix workshop

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:38:07 +1300

Nick Rout wrote:

>I was only looking for a bite LOL. It is interesting to run a unix system that isn't linux for a while, just to know there are other ways of doing things!

So you are enjoying FreeBSD too. I have managed to forget there's no
Linux under the hood, and get on with my work!

The environment really is good enough - practically the same - given
that my favourite tools are well supplied. FreeBSD shows a really
impressive dedication to GNU cooperation, imho. Cruft-free.

Who'dve thought Ubuntu 5.10 had such competition? (That's pretty slick
already - sweet!).

Gentoo ports makes more sense to me now too. :-)

--
Richard Tindall, InfoHelp Services <http://www.infohelp.co.nz>, on:
FreeBSD 5.4-Release free O/S, GDM + GNOME 2.10.0 desktop,