[GNUz] FreeNix workshop

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:42:16 +1300

Hi all, standard week's notice:

Next Wednesday, November 2nd, is BSD night:
7.30pm, Sydenham Community Association Hall, 25 Hutcheson Street, Sydenham.

If you have a BSD install you'd like to get help with or show off, show
up. We'll be answering any GNU/Linux questions as per usual, but with an
extra layer of depth - a *nix O/S comparison. Experienced user Dale
DuRose will speak, and there will be an 'open mic' tutorial.

Anyone wanting homework preparation should start reading here:
http://www.freebsd.org
If you need any install disks, please request them onlist.

P.S. I've spent this day working in FreeBSD, and can now highly
recommend it as a (Linux+) learning experience -  max configuration
skills for budding sysads.

Cheers & c ya,

--
Richard Tindall, InfoHelp Services <http://www.infohelp.co.nz>, on:
FreeBSD 5.4-Release free O/S, GDM + GNOME 2.10.0 desktop,