[GNUz] Reminder: GNU/Linux User support 5/10/5; + BSD

Richard Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:59:51 +1300

Greetings people,

> Tonight there is a GNU/Linux User support workshop:
>
> 7.30pm, Wednesday October 5th, Sydenham Community Association Hall, 25
> Hutcheson Street, Sydenham.
>
> These sessions are pitched at beginners, with Q&A plus install and
> repair help, but also a regular social event for the FOSS community.
> There is a light supper, with all costs met through donations.

We likely have at least one full newbie install on our hands.
Any unfinished tasks will be referred on to next Tuesday :-)

> Let us know if you're bringing a system in. We have a few install &
> live CDs available, but if you need a specific distro, please ask.
>
> For those that are interested, it would also be timely to review plans
> and experience for next year's Software Freedom Day. Thanks to
> everyone who helped out on the 10th, and I hope you liked the Press
> coverage.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rik Tindall
>
> --

> FreeNix! ~ http://www.softwarefreedomday.org
> GNU/Linux Users ~ http://www.hackstop.org
> InfoHelp ~ http://www.infohelp.co.nz

plus

Early notice: Next month, Weds November 2nd, is a *BSD night*.

Dale DuRose, whom we've met through SFD, is going to guide us through a
FreeBSD install and feature show. An "experienced user" of several
years, local BSD fans might like to meet Dale tonight, and help
construct next month's content. We can also start discussion of the
options of forming a BSD user group, or expanding the present meeting
series to explicitly offer BSD support under a FreeNix
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freenix> banner.

Cheers & c u there, Rik