[GNUz] Ubuntu update and sfd posters

Richard Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 06:02:26 +1200

Sue McGaw wrote:

>Would it be possible sometime please to learn how to effect updates, eg for
>ubuntu.

Yes, this Thursday. So far we have no other specific topics, and
'packaging' is always something interesting for people to chip in on.

>I'm always interested in anything that is shown at the meetings, and so
>there is no urgency for this one.
> Thank you for the tips on data storage at the last meeting.

We can have a look at your MS-share partition too if you like. I've been
meaning to do a product report for G/CLUG on that Warehouse 128MB memory
stick, which only cost $30 and appears to have reliable NTFS
(write/read) under Linux.

>A quantity of sfd posters have gone round north christchurch for sfd day.

Thanks heaps for doing that Suz.

>It's a good thing to support such an international event. Thank you for the
>posters they look good on the notice boards, stand out well.

Do you need any more?

> Cheers sue

Regards, Rik

PS I'll forward/duplicate the notices here again asap, sorry.

--
FreeNix! ~ http://www.softwarefreedomday.org
GNU/Linux Users ~ http://www.hackstop.org