[GNUz] fsf.org

Jim Cheetham gnuz@inode.co.nz
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:06:57 +1200

I remember that RMS has 'blessed' only two Linux distributions, Utoto(?)
and GNU/LinEx as being "real free software", and has excluded Debian
(because it's possible to download non-free software from the
repositories, in the default configuration, iirc)

So I went to fsf.org to see if I could find the original references for
these comments. Although the search function returns results for
"linux", it doesn't seem possible to view the results without
registering a user on the site (that's not unusual, unfortunately) - but
that registration seems to be "become an FSF associate member", which
costs US$120 per year ...

Can someone else have a look at fsf.org and confirm my conclusions?

-jim