[GNUz] Blog entry about wiki licensing

Richard Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 05 Jul 2005 23:31:34 +1200

Thanks for that Nick. - A worthy read.

Nick Rout wrote:

>Try reading this page for example:
>
>http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/Position_Statement.html
>
>Inflexibility is the big problem it would seem. Not inflexibility to
>onsell, but inability to use in any sensible way. The page I pointed to
>has some examples.

It largely comes down to sensibly limiting the use of Invariant Sections
(to the credits).

I'd still like to see us test the GFDL in practise - and this link would
focus a discussion well for us - on the GLUz Wiki, in comparison to
CLUG's CC.

On  that, stay tuned - my ISP ('Snap' - hah!!) just has to relinquish
Authority over hackstop.org, and we're away. Jim isn't far off Wiki
readiness for us, I believe.

--
Richard Tindall, InfoHelp Services <http://www.infohelp.co.nz> on:
Ubuntu GNU/Linux 5.04 free OS, 2.6.10-5-686 kernel, GNOME 2.10.0 desktop