[GNUz] Emacs

Richard Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Fri, 03 Jun 2005 20:23:54 +1200

Hey, you're most welcome Ralph.

Yes, Derek has 'the gift of the Linux gab' alright. An interesting
night. Thanks Derek.

Ralph Stoker wrote:

>Thanks Derek and Rik for the Emacs talk.
>
>I found Derek's talk informative and containing a good sprinkling of humour to
>boot. The after talk recommendations will lead me more towards editors in the
>future now that the front end GUI builder qt 3 Developer has been installed
>onto my PC..crash course in C++ looming.

Glad you're on your way making your form ok.

>Firestarter firewall has also been installed...but still a little problem
>getting it to start automatically when I boot as user (have tried recommended
>mods to /etc/susudo..but still demands root password prior to
>execution...seems to work well though when running!)

I have to root-start it too. No biggie. Quite an online aid tho.

Having noticed that as well as yourself there are a few newish people
coming along to GLU more regularly now, it seems a good time to try
catering for some basic tuition needs again, so I've posted that on both
the 'Meetings' pages (CLUG & GLU) for next month. I haven't much more to
report other than what comments have already been posted, unless someone
asks for a few more ideas..

At any rate, don't be surprised that if questions turn to 'programming
on the desktop' again, it turns out that you've got as much to share on
the subject as anyone now Ralph. ;-)

But I can guarantee that we'll be able to at least point to an answer
for anything that comes up, under a "Linux Beginners" format.

I'm looking forward to it already.

Cheers, Rik

--
Richard Tindall, InfoHelp Services <http://www.infohelp.co.nz>, on:
Ubuntu GNU/Linux 5.04 free OS, 2.6.10-5-k7 kernel, GNOME 2.10.0 desktop