[GNUz] Is there anyone out there?

Richard Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:35:11 +1300

:-)  :-/

Nick Rout wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:28:57 +1300
>Richard Tindall wrote:
>
>>All the latter three are highly readable, but I'll be filtering the last
>>two to optional-read folders from now on.
>>

>I'm always surprised when you say you have a mailbox full of list mail,
>there is great "free" filtering tools. try procmail, its really very
>easy once you get the idea.

Mozilla works well enough (for _all novices_); I may yet implement a
"Nick" filter though..

>Its easiest to implement if you have one email server for all your email, not so easy when you have a mobile laptop with 4 distros, randomly
>collecting your email into various partitions.

What do you know?

You're the worst culprit for smart-arsed, aggressive, superfluous mail
cr**. Lessen the junk, please.

I have a bunch of replies I want to write for you Nick, and some of them
even include usefully stimulated thought.

But I can't get onto them because you're so domineering, prolifically
opinionated and garrulous. So I'll stop trying, by avoiding 'your'
(territorial) LUG altogether. I'm not the only (semi-)newbie to be
utterly repelled by know-all attitude (that's less than 'geek').

FWIW My entire mail archive rests on one partition, which I'll never get
to upgrade past so long as I'm listening to your _twaddle_. Multi-distro
installs are for educative purposes; learning other people's
environments, to select my own in an informed way, as well as to be able
to make recommendations on what works where. Who asked you anyway?

To not put a fine point on it, and to quote Nick Rout to Vatsala, ' Fsck
off '.

O.T.

--
Richard Tindall