[GNUz] RMS blog

Timothy Musson gnuz@inode.co.nz
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:14:58 +1300

Nick Rout, 2004-11-18 19:19:36:
> On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 13:57 +1300, Timothy Musson wrote:
> >   http://agia.fsf.org/rms-blog/
> > There are a couple of nice photos near the bottom of that first page

> gotta say, those photos look like....every other pic of RMS i have
> ever seen LOL.

Ahhh, but these ones are in black & white, see. That makes 'em art! :D

> BTW What is the difference between a blog and a journal anyway?

Things like BoingBoing[1] are definitely blogs: web pages where people
point out interesting stuff they've found on the WWW, usually with some
personal spin thrown in. In a (we)blog, linking to other stuff on the
Web is one of the defining features. (At least, that's the impression I
have.)

But the "RMS blog" wouldn't lose anything if it was printed out, or
written in an old-fashioned diary. So it feels more like a journal to
me.

(I guess blog vs journal is just a personal thing, really.)

[1] http://boingboing.net/   <-- Jolly good, BTW!

--
Timothy Musson