[GNUz] copyright item on RNZ

InfoHelp gnuz@inode.co.nz
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:48:01 +1200

You may have noticed that the fine print is not my specialty,
& I've only got 1/2 an ear on the radio these days..

Timothy Musson wrote:

>InfoHelp, 2004-07-15 11:10:02:
>

>>note esp. for Tim
>>- another RNZ (FM101) discussion on copyright this hour (nearer 12pm?)
>>- the basic dos & don'ts, what is/not easily covered by it
>>

>I missed it, but thanks very much :)
>
>I'm listening to the evening show now, on the off-chance they replay
>bits of it...

They tend edit & replay the meatier interviews of the day, after the
10pm news.
But the 11.45am windup slot doesn't rate, it seems.

The main point was that ideas couldn't be copyrighted - you have to get
them down in some form.

Interesting re music was that the distributors & the technology
suppliers were working together (or against each other?) on this.
Meaning there'd either be disabling digital stamps to look forward to,
or no possibility of them at all.

Wish I could have been more interested while focussed on my screen / hth

Rik

PS liked your sig, & will look into it too.