[DISIG-cabal] Planning for Nov 14

Jim Cheetham jim at cheetham.nz
Tue Oct 29 01:15:34 GMT 2019

I've added a whole heap of notes to that card for you. I'm also cc'ing Mark Bedford so we can ask him directly :- are there any particular Kawaiicon talks that you would like to give a 5 min overview of?

Sequoia has called out what I'd call probably the best 4 from the con :
* Barcode scanner hacking
* "Uncrackable" lockbox
* Fingerprinting encrypted traffic
* Red teaming without lying

I know that the last 2 have video online, but so far all I'm seeing is Kawaiicon videos being released on individual speakers' channels ... and it's difficult finding more because Kawaii-kon is also out there and that's not infosec ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLYRt2srbl0 - Fingerprinting encrypted traffic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASSjkkr4OCg - Liar, Liar

I suggest playing Liar Liar at least. But you'll probably need a laptop to play from, because Jason has just changed the TV screens here and I'm not sure they have a web browser any more ... Chromecast will probably work, as will plugging in HDMI
--
 Jim Cheetham
 jim at cheetham.nz