[OneRNG-Discuss] Summary of recent Linux kernel RNG changes.

bsr tmp543901 at buckeye-express.com
Mon Mar 28 17:00:01 BST 2022

Hi,

I thought some people on this list may be interested in reading about
more recent changes to the Linux kernel RNG.  New changes coming to
kernels 5.17 & 5.18 are too numerous to list here so I'll link to the
excellent summary provided by Jason Donenfeld (current random.c maintainer).

https://www.zx2c4.com/projects/linux-rng-5.17-5.18/

Working within the confines of the current structure of the kernel rng,
I think most of the changes make sense.  Donenfeld has uncovered several
kernel rng flaws and weaknesses and is addressing those issues.  It's
quite a bit to digest.