onerng-talk migrating to mailman ...

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Tue Feb 9 05:17:48 GMT 2021

Hi all,

Soon I'm going to be migrating this discussion group from its current form
(a hybrid of mailing list & web-based forum) into a simple mailing list. I
don't have a precise timescale for this yet, but probably within the next 4
to 6 weeks.

I'm planning to take the current list of subscribers names & email
addresses and subscribe them all to the new list, hopefully without you all
having to take any specific confirmation.

Please note that this will be to a mailman v2 service, and that generates a
simple password/token for each account, and will email it *in plain text*
to each of you on a monthly basis by default. This password is used to
alter your mailing list subscription settings, and it has been well
documented and discussed over the years ...

If you have any concerns about this upcoming change, please let me know. It
isn't 100% committed so if you have any better suggestions now is a good
time to raise them!

-jim