[SOLVED] Using OneRNG

onerng onerng at mcgugan.uk
Mon Nov 2 10:03:29 GMT 2020

Jim,
Thanks for info
I have failed to get it to work in Vmware and Linux (probably me). MS have stated that USB devices will not work under current WSL with no timescale for when it will.
However I can use it for what I want to do under Windows, using it as a serial device. I  the "dimming" doesn't happen for me which I admit did fool me for a while. Strangely I did notice the led blinked when I opened the serial device under Windows.
Perhaps an update to documentation about installing driver under Windows 10. Of course signing the driver would be best but that is probably not worth the effort.